We need to gather 56,000 total signatures by August 2018. Please help us make the Libertarian Party a major party in Tennessee!
Ballot Access Requirements
The law requires an alternative political party to submit petitions bearing the number of signatures equal to 2.5% of the votes cast in the last election for governor. Based on the 2014 election for governor, the number of signatures required for the Libertarian Party to be recognized in Tennessee is 33,844 VALID signatures of registered voters in Tennessee.
Generally, petition drives collect twice the number of required signatures to ensure they have the required number of signatures after invalid signatures are excluded. We want to collect 67,688 total signatures.
Voters do not have to vote for our candidate in March, we are just merely seeking equal access to the ballot.
Rules For Gathering Signatures
You should download and use this petition. They were authorized by attorneys in the Secretary of State’s office.
- You should only collect signatures from ONE county on each page
- Must be a registered voter in their county
- Fill in all the spaces on a petition page
- While we appreciate every signature collected, we really need fully completed forms to reach our goal
- To be valid, all the information on the petition must match the information in the voter’s voter registration record
Please mail completed petitions to:
1519 Union Ave PMB 153
Memphis, TN 381041
Tips for Gathering Signatures
Always ask if they are a registered voter in [x] county? Remember, each signature sheet must only have voters from that county.
Here is a resource for tips on collect signatures.